Here we go.

01 July 2014

HOME IS WHERE


 photo Photoon6-20-14at820PM_zps480d639a.jpg


I didn't expect to be so hands-on + involved with the current kitchen project which includes demolition (fun), discovery (exciting), clean-up (not fun),  and drywall + electrical work (TBD - we're doing that today). I'm very happy to be at this particular point in the timeline. Even when I'm standing shin-deep in a pile of drywall, dust everywhere, dehydrated, dreaming of a cold beer + shower, I've got a big (gritty) grin plastered across my face.  This is good.

We've put up with a kitchen that is not only unsightly, but we probably shouldn't have prepared food in there. Alright, it's not that bad, but when you've got exposed pipes, exposed sub-flooring, no counter space or storage, non-functioning lights or light switches, and wallpaper that vibrates when you gaze upon it, well, yeah, hand me that hammer.

The pleasant surprises lurking behind the drywall include beautiful brick, a door that leads nowhere, old maths + charming wallpaper:


 photo 8919D0AB-1347-4411-9C50-DFD15A246940_zpsws23io2j.jpg

 photo 63A36DAA-4BDC-4588-9AB0-DE59BB77B1A6_zpsa9ql0ikh.jpg


After this stage is complete, we will be building shelves in the pantry + closet. What a relief it'll be to get all of this kitchen stuff dispersed throughout the house stored away properly.  From there, we start saving money for the new tile floor. Sometimes, I get a little overwhelmed by home ownership. I become filled with doubt + dread. These days, I'm giving ATM and myself credit for seeing the bigger picture. This house is awesome.

Happy Birthday, VWW.

No comments:

Blog Archive